Community-Based HIV / STD Counseling and Testing
Carolina CARE Partnership's Counseling, Testing and Referral Program offers FREE and CONFIDENTIAL HIV, Hepatitis C, Syphilis, Chlamydia, and Gonorrhea testing at locations throughout the greater Charlotte region.
Do you wonder if you should be tested? Take this quick quiz!
Am I At Risk?
- Have you ever had oral, anal or vaginal sex without using a condom?
- Has your partner ever had sex without using a condom?
- Have you ever shared needles for using drugs, tattooing, piercing or any other reason?
- Has your partner ever shared needles for any reason?
If you answered YES to any of these questions you may be at risk for HIV.
We recommend that all sexually active individuals get tested at least once a year.
Come get tested at one of our sites, go to your local health department, or see your doctor. Take the test and take control of your health!
What you can expect when you get tested through the Carolinas CARE Partnership:
- 3 forms to fill out
- A compassionate, well-qualified HIV Health Educator who will talk to you about your own personal risk and answer any questions you have about HIV, Hepatitis C, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, the testing process, PrEP, etc.
- A certified, trained phlebotomist who will draw a total of one tube of blood for HIV and Syphilis testing (for conventional testing) or a trained counselor to perform your Rapid HIV Test
- A date when you can call or meet for your results, usually 3-4 weeks after the test (for conventional testing) or your result within 15 minutes for rapid testing.
Many people are afraid of getting tested - they figure what they don't know won't hurt them, and there's nothing they can do anyway if they are HIV positive.
It's true that HIV can't be cured, but it can be managed. And people who find out sooner rather than later that they are infected with HIV are much more likely to get the care and treatment they need to live longer, healthier lives.