Prevention Education and Testing
Can’t make it to the office for testing? Prevention x CCP offers On-Demand Testing. CCP On-Demand will meet you where you are and will maintain confidential testing procedures.
- Prevention Project x CCP accepts walk-ins every Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Appointments can also be made by calling or testing Shalonda at 704-323-0686 or Larissa at 704-968-6772
Self -Test Kits
- Easy to Use
- Online Registration Form
- Step by Step Directions
- English & Spanish
- Zoom Guide Available
Community-Based HIV/STD Counseling and Testing
Carolina Care Partnership’s Counseling, Testing, and Referral Program offer FREE and Confidential HIV, Hepatitis C, and Syphilis testing at locations throughout the greater Charlotte region. We test in Mecklenburg, Union, and Cabarrus counties. For more information about our program please contact Shalonda Pellam.
HIV Can't Be Cured, But It Can Be Managed.
Many People are afraid to get tested- they figure that they don’t know won’t hurt them, and there’s nothing they can do anyway if they are HIV positive.
It is true, HIV cannot be cured, but it can be managed. And people who find out sooner rather than later that they are infected with HIV are much more likely to get the care and treatment they need to live longer, healthier lives.
Do you Wonder if You Should Get Tested?
Am I At Risk?
Take This Quiz!
- Have you ever had oral, anal, or vaginal sex without using a condom?
- Has your partner ever had sex without using a condom?
- Have you ever shared needles for using drugs, tattooing, piercing, or any other reason?
- Has your partner ever shared needles for any reason?
- Are you a man who has had sex with a man?
- Have you had sex – anal or vaginal – with a partner who has HIV?
- Have you ever exchanged sex for drugs or money?
If you have answered YES to any of the above questions you may be at risk for HIV.
What You Can Expect When You Get Tested through Carolinas Care Partnership.
Test results for conventional testing usually takes 7-10 days after the test has been taken. Rapid testing results are ready within 1 to 15 minutes!
1 Form to Fill Out.
A commpasionate, well qualified HIV Health Educator who will talk to you about your own personal risk and answer and questions you have about HIV, Hepatitis C, Syphilis, the testing process, Prep, etc.
A certified , trained phlebotomist who will draw a total of one tube of blood for HIV and Syphillis testing (for conventioanl testing) or a trained counselor to perform you Rapid HIV test.
Take Control of Your Health
We recommend that all sexually active individuals get tested at least once a year. Come get tested at one of our sites, go to your local health department, or see your doctor.